Instructions on how to change CO2 tank
- Big wrench (find it in the tool cabinet in room 4062)
- CO2 tank cart (find it in the storage room – 4082)
- Close the valve (turn it clockwise).
- With a wrench unscrew the regulator.
- Place the CO2 tank “cap” back on and screw in place.
- Place a piece of tape on the tank with the word “Empty.”
- Remove belt and take the empty tank to the empty tanks location in the freezer room (4032) using the tank cart.
- Using the CO2 tank cart transfer a new CO2 tank to the tissue culture incubator. Place the full tank next to the incubator. Make sure to fasten the belt.
- Remove the CO2 tank “cap.”
- Re-attach regulator to the valve of the new tank. Screw it tightly using the wrench.
- Open valve with a half turn counter-clockwise.
- Check regulator to ensure adequate pressure (10 psi on the left screen and around 1000 psi on the right screen).
- Write down when the CO2 tank was changed on the log sheet located on the front of the incubator.